Monday 13 May 2013

WIBTW (What I Bought This Week): Insider Beauty Buys

Whilst I was away in Barbados for work, I was lucky enough to get my make-up done a couple of times by the very talented (and also VERY lovely) make-up artist Jose Bass. (Psst - he's the make-up guy Abbey Clancy tweeted about).


Jose hard at work on one of our Barbados shoots

Jose is well-known in the industry for his beautiful skin make-up, so I made the poor guy, at the end of a long day shooting, give me a make-up tutorial. 

I let Jose work his magic and have to say my skin looked amazing. And people noticed. A glow, not too heavy, but any annoying blemishes covered. Result!

So what was his trick?

Well I have quite dry skin so needed something moisturising, but I also get the odd blemish and blocked pores still (WHY?! I'm in my THIRTIES!) so need some coverage. Jose likes to keep things natural, so he used Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Mousturiser, which is now my new favourite beauty product, and then mixed with Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover Foundation - but only where needed. The tinted moisturiser also has SPF 20 so great for the day.
Forget applying with fingers - Jose reckons the key to flawless skin is a great brush and the only one for me is Shu Uemura number 18 apparently - a goat hair brush that allows make-up to sit "just-so" on the skin without clogging pores and giving even cover. The brush is sold out in so many places I figure it must be good!

So when I got back the first this I did was go out and buy these 3 things and follow his tips. And I've had people notice my skin since. 

It adds up to buy it all, I admit, but you don't need to use much, particularly as the brush makes it go a long way.

Both the Laura Mercier and Estee Lauder come in at least 5 shades so this natural look can suit any skin tone, and I have to say if you have dry skin like me, don't want to feel caked on, but need a bit of coverage, this is the kit for you!

Thanks Jose!

My new skin kit









No comments:

Post a Comment